Welcome to the Little Nugget That Could! My name is Soo Cha aka Little Nugget.
And I’m not one of those fancy, shmancy peeps who sold everything just to travel the world.
In fact, I’m just like everyone else. You know. A normal, recent college graduate working full-time at a normal job that I LOOOVE.
Keep scrolling down to find out more!
Here’s 10 fun facts about me:
- I’m ambidextrous (I can write both with my left and right hand)
- I’m only 5’1 (I think that’s one of the many reasons why I’m called Little Nugget)
- Originally, I wanted to be a tour guide and give tours around the world. Call me crazy, but I still hold that dream. And one day, I want to make it a reality!
- I love challenging activities and will always push myself no matter what. It all started back when I was attending Cal State Northridge. My major is Recreation, Hospitality and Tourism Management. Without taking the electives aka “the fun classes,” I wouldn’t be hiking, cliff jumping, or ziplining. Hell, I would’ve just stuck to being a tour guide and travel for leisure.
- I’ve been vegetarian since 2010 and don’t eat meat or seafood. I used to be vegan for a year but I quit around 2015. It’s hard to give up dairy if you LOOOVE Mac n’ Cheese!
- I was born in Seoul, South Korea but moved to the states when I was 6 months old.
- I used to compete in a dance competition back in 2015.
- I climbed Mt. Whitney (the highest mountain in the lower 48 states) and ended up with bad nausea and diarrhea problems. Luckily no fatalities.
- I love watching Disney and horror movies. Yes, these don’t really mesh well together. But watching Disney and horror movies have always been my childhood.
- I’m such an oldie. I love old-school music and grew up loving hip-hop, rap, R&B, jazz, and pop! Currently, my musical taste grew to bluegrass and country.
How the heck did you get a cool nickname like that?
Well, this was random actually. Last year, I moved out to Western North Carolina tp work as a zipline guide. You can read more about my experience here.
Here’s an actual photo:
During my awesome summer there, I met many strangers who became my friends. At first I was rather shy and didn’t like talking, but the longer I stayed, the more I broke out of my shell.
One coworker in particular, Evon, calls me Little Nugget. And I call her Big Nugget.
And from then on, that name stuck to me like glue.
What is this blog about?
This blog is mainly a travel diary used to document my adventures and mis-adventures!
Ohhhh yeah. There will be mis-adventures alright.
Why? Because travel is not all rainbows and smiles. There will be ups and downs no matter what.
Also, I created this blog to inspire others who share the same dream: TO TRAVEL THE WORLD!
I know, it’s cliche. But let’s be real…we all want to travel. But in reality, it’s hard especially if you gotta pay debt and live the 9-5 grind. But with little steps and an open-mind, I’m sure we’ll start somewhere, right?
Can I get a “HELL YES?!”
So follow along as Little Nugget takes you on her magical, yet dangerous quest to travelling the world…one step at a time!